There are many types of environmental irritants that surround us and our pets each and every day including fleas, pollen and even the dust in our homes. For some dogs these irritants can cause a skin condition that may lead to scratching, sometimes excessively. This is unpleasant for your dog and can also be difficult for everyone else in the family. The good news is most dogs with these skin conditions can benefit simply from the right food.
Features & Benefits
- Specially formulated by Hill’s nutritionists and veterinarians to help support skin function in dogs with environmental sensitivities <br>- Formulated to help strengthen skin barrier
- No corn, chicken by-product meal, artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- High levels of omega-3 & -6 fatty acids help drive healthy skin from within
- Clinically proven antioxidants including vitamin E help nourish skin and coat
- Hill’s Prescription Diet is the #1 US Vet Recommended therapeutic pet food — consult with your vet to make sure Prescription Diet Derm Defense is the right food for your dog
Brewers Rice, Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Sorghum, Cracked Pearled Barley, Pea Protein, Egg Product, Soybean Oil, Flaxseed, Chicken Liver Flavor, Whole Grain Oats, Dried Beet Pulp, Fish Oil, Pork Liver Flavor, Lactic Acid, Chicken Fat, Potassium Chloride, Lipoic Acid, Choline Chloride, Iodized Salt, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Calcium Carbonate, Green Peas, Apples, Cranberries, Carrots, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Taurine, Natural Flavors, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Broccoli, Beta-Carotene.
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Gradually transition to your pet's new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Hill's Prescription DietTM dry and canned food.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets and children.
Consult with your veterinarian to make sure Prescription Diet is the right food for your pet.
™ Shown are trademarks of Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc. © 2020 Hill’s Pet Nutrition Pty Ltd
All Hill's pet foods are marked with our guarantee. If you are not satisfied with Science Diet pet food products for any reason, simply return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a refund or replacement. We guarantee Prescription Diet brand pet food for quality, consistency and palatability. If you are not completely satisfied with any purchases for these reasons, simply return the unused portion to your veterinarian for a refund or replacement.